Multi-Use Game Courts Design & Build
Commercial Game Courts, Basket Ball Courts and Tennis Courts
Bayside Asphalt specializes in the design, building and installation of top-of-the-line commercial tennis courts. Our clientele includes schools, recreation centers, government facilities, sports clubs, country clubs, hotels and many more. We take pride in constructing durable tennis courts that meet official game standards and regulations. Bayside Asphalt specializes in both indoor and outdoor commercial tennis courts. Our courts are not just functional and high-performing, they are also aesthetically pleasing. Every step of our process is thorough and meticulously managed from conception to design to construction and installation.
Located in Santa Cruz, Bayside Asphalt has an extensive service area which includes San Jose, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Los Altos, Redwood City, Mountain View, San Mateo, Pleasanton, and Livermore.
Hard Courts vs Clay and Grass Courts
Bayside Asphalt specializes in hard court (asphalt) construction of commercial tennis courts. Hard courts are the most common type of tennis courts. They are highly durable and can withstand heavy underfoot traffic. The bounce of the ball is also much more precise on hard courts. Hard courts are usually made of asphalt or concrete. The downside to hard courts is that they are less forgiving on your lower joints (ankles and knees).
Clay courts provide more cushioning for joints and are easier on the body overall. However, they are much more slippery to play on than hard or grass courts. They are also dirtier than other court surfaces.
Grass courts are also easy on joints of the body. The ball also bounces quickly off grass tennis courts. Grass tennis courts are harder to learn the game on and playing on them requires a certain level of skill.
Traditional grass and clay courts are not as popular as hard courts as they are difficult and costly to maintain.
- We schedule an appointment with the client to discuss the client’s vision and unique requirements. Our experts inspect the space available and the ground conditions to determine the options available to the client. If the client has any questions, we strive to answer them completely to ensure that both Bayside Asphalt and the clients are on the same page before beginning the project. During this appointment, our experts will be able to offer a price estimate and a schedule of completion for the project.
- Our in-house design team conceptualizes the tennis court using the client’s unique preferences and requirements. The client usually specifies the type of color combination, lighting, fencing and other accessories that they want to be integrated into the tennis court design. We present the design to the client, and if the client is satisfied, we prepare the site and begin construction.
- Bayside Asphalt optimizes the court for speed, cushioning, ball bounce and other factors, depending on the client’s specific needs.
- We have a team of experts who know exactly what they’re doing. Our team handles all aspects of the construction process including excavation and drainage. They are efficient and will ensure that the work is done right and is completed on time.
- Once the asphalt court base is constructed, it is coated with our specially formulated advanced acrylic coating system which protects and seals the asphalt as well as adds texture to the court surface.
- A specially-formulated acrylic emulsion paint is applied in layers and the lines are painted in to match game standards and requirements.
Why Choose Us?
- High-Performance, Low-Maintenance Tennis Courts: Our commercial tennis courts are made from the finest high-quality materials to ensure longevity and durability. Our team of professionals utilize the latest cutting-edge processes to preserve the integrity of the asphalt base and guarantee the highest quality of the court surface. Bayside Asphalt courts also require minimal upkeep.
- Maximum Safety: All court surfaces are specially engineered to maximize shock absorption and safety of players during a game.
- Superior Project Management: Throughout the design, building and installation process, we have a full-time, on-site project manager that oversees the entire project. This contact also keeps the clients informed about job progress and addresses any concern the client might have. Proper, hands-on project management is key to ensuring a successful execution of the construction project.
- Team of Experienced Professionals: Our team is made up of professionals who have been in the commercial tennis court construction business for many years. You can trust that your project is in the best hands.
- Excellent Customer Service: Our staff is trained to deliver exceptional customer service. We value our customers and aim to provide 100% customer satisfaction.